We're a company of pioneers. It's our job to make bold bets, and we get our energy from inventing on behalf of customers. Success is measured against the possible, not the probable. For today’s pioneers, that’s exactly why there’s no place on Earth they’d rather build than Amazon.
When Amazon.com launched in 1995, it was with the mission “to be Earth’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online, and endeavors to offer its customers the lowest possible prices.” This goal continues today, but Amazon’s customers are worldwide now, and have grown to include millions of Consumers, Sellers, Content Creators, and Developers & Enterprises. Each of these groups has different needs, and we always work to meet those needs, innovating new solutions to make things easier, faster, better, and more cost-effective.
Since opening our virtual doors in 1995, Amazon has been pushing the boundaries of possible further and further.
Our entire business works hard to delight our customers – from the second an order is placed online, to the seamless coordination of that order behind the scenes, we strive to stay agile, fluid and intentional. This can be described in one of our core Leadership Principles, which is Bias for Action. This means that our teams’ band together, roll up their sleeves, and are not content with just standing still. We are aiming to become the most customer-centric company on Earth.
Amazon is looking for ambitious, curious and versatile candidates to join our unique world as interns. An Amazon EU internship will provide you with an unforgettable experience in a fast-paced, dynamic and international environment; it will boost your resume and will provide a superb introduction to our activities.
Job ID: 1685634 | Amazon Deutschlnd W1 Transport
As a Workplace Health & Safety Intern, you will be a passionate advocate for creating and delivering safe yet efficient working environments. You must have excellent analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills, be an effective communicator, have a high sense of (internal) customer service and be able to work with cross-functional teams including Senior Management.
- Familiarize and help with the organization and processes for new launches
- Assist the Safety New Build Manager and the Safety Engineer in delivering safety excellent processes and operations
- Support safety process systems through participation in planned inspections of buildings, machines and jobs for accident prevention
- Perform and update Risk Assessments and Job Hazard Analyses
- Analyze accident data and develop standards to ensure prevention of accidents
- Supporting investigations linked to accidents and prepare accident reports to identify preventive safety measures for incorporation into the safety program
- Help to develop safety procedures and implement training programs to meet the needs of Managers and Associates in regards to critical safety issues
We want to hire the world’s brightest minds, and offer them an environment in which they can relentlessly improve the experience for our customers.
- You are currently working towards a 2+ year university degree in Health & Safety, Engineering or similar discipline
- You must have the right to work in the country of employment by the start date
- Excellent analytical skills, preferably with advanced proficiency in Excel (e.g. macros, pivot tables, complex formulas)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Problem-solving mind set with proactive issue resolution
- You are able to demonstrate curiosity and pro-activity, which will allow you to gain greater autonomy in the course of the internship and make the most of your time with us to fully achieve your learning and development goals
- Ability to work successfully in a fast-moving environment, and to meet tight deadlines and prioritise workload even when faced with conflicting priorities
- Previous work experience – a summer job, internship; if it’s an experience in a related field or business, even better