Established in 1590, Berenberg is one of the oldest banks in the world, and with this heritage comes fantastic opportunities for bright and aspiring individuals. With its Head Office in Hamburg and with a strong presence in the financial centres of London, Frankfurt and New York, it is one of Europe’s leading privately-owned banks. 1,600 employees carry the Bank’s long tradition of success into the future. Through its business divisions of Investment Banking and Corporate Banking, Wealth and Asset Management, Berenberg is able to offer a broad range of services into corporations, investment institutions and private individuals.
Berenberg has a strong reputation based on first-class performance, and although the company has a long history it remains entrepreneurial in its approach. A combination of the meritocratic culture and flat hierarchy enables talent to flourish and progress at Berenberg.
We are looking for an intern, starting from March, for our
Off-cycle Internship Program, Investment Banking, Equity Capital Markets, Frankfurt
Our Equity Capital Markets team is part of the Investment Banking Division and takes responsibility for all our activity across Continental Europe. The department covers all equity-related capital market transactions such as Initial Public Offerings, Capital Increases and Secondary Placings in the region and has built a strong reputation, being the #1 ECM bank in the DACH region with growing presence in Europe and the US.
The team in Frankfurt offers a modern, dynamic and ambitious working environment. The team is highly successful, demonstrated by multiple prestigious awards that Berenberg won in the Small and Mid Cap ECM sector in recent years. You will benefit from direct exposure on deals and transactions and interact with our industry leaders.
This internship is a three month program starting in March 2022 allowing you to become a vital part of the Investment Banking team and be involved in all daily activities. We initiate the program with an orientation where you will learn about Berenberg and its people plus you will receive specific training designed to help you to develop important skills and launch your career in the industry.
The successful completion of the internship puts you in an excellent position for a full-time role at Berenberg.
- Supporting the ECM Origination team in developing new business opportunities
- Analysis and screening of companies and sectors in preparation for client acquisition
- Development of presentation materials for colleagues, clients and investors, including pitch books, marketing and transaction documents and ongoing capital market updates
- Active support in live transactions across Continental Europe such as IPOs, capital increases, share reallocations as well as support in pre-IPO financing rounds
- Continuous collaboration with senior management across all work streams and tasks
- Pay excellent attention to detail to ensure work is produced to the highest of standards and completed fully
- Excellent academics - degree educated at a top university, ideally within the Economics, Finance or Business field
- Previous internship experience within a top tier investment bank or corporate finance firm, preferably with exposure to ECM transactions and projects
- Excellent technical knowledge is essential due to the very early responsibility and exposure in this role
- Impeccable communication skills allowing you to interact with fellow interns and other colleagues in an articulate and appropriate manner
- Heavily analytical, driven and focused, who consistently delivers high quality work despite an intense workload
- A team player – the success of the team depends on the frequent interactions between its members not only in Germany but across the UK, Europe and the US
- Fluency in English and German is essential
Have we sparked your interest? Then please apply online.
Please note: Due to strict data protection laws in order for your application to be considered at all, you must apply through our online system.
* The simultaneous use of multi-gender forms is omitted. All positions are nevertheless valid for every gender.